3 DAY OXFORD & LIVERPOOL TOUR
DORM PACKAGE- 2 NIGHTS x £20
This tour is the first part of our 7 Day North-West Explorer tour. Learn about the great scholars of Oxford, experience a pub crawl in Oxford’s student scene and see live music where it all began for The Beatles in the 1960’s in Liverpool
+ Tour highlights
- Historic Walking tour in Oxford
- Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
- Beatles Walking Tour & explore the British music scene in Liverpool
- Visit to Charles Darwin’s birthplace Shrewsbury
- Taste scones & jam in a Cotswolds village
- Group dinners & quizzes
- Driver/Guide & Transport in our Backpacker Bus
- Historic Walking Tour in Oxford
- Pub Crawl in literary Oxford
- Beatles Walking Tour in Liverpool
- 1 x Full English Breakfast
- 1 x Hostel Breakfasts
- 1 x English Dinner Voucher in Liverpool
- Welcome Goody Bag
+ Optional extras
- Train from Liverpool-London- If you don't want to arrange this yourself, we can book the train from Liverpool-London for you for Thursday evening.
+ Day 1 (Monday)
- Departure from Park Royal Tube Station (Piccadilly Line) at 10am and receive our Full English Backpacker Bus Goody Bag!
- A quick stop in riverside town Henley-On-Thames, voted one of the 'most beautiful towns in England' by The Times.
- Weaving through Oxfordshire villages you'll arrive around lunchtime in historic Oxford, home of the ancient university. Free time for lunch perhaps for bangers and mash in one of the city's tiny wood-beamed pubs, or for a jacket potato in a local cafe.
- Afternoon Walking tour led by our driver/guide around Oxford sights.
- Free time in the afternoon to explore the museums and perhaps go punting, depending on the English weather!
- Pub crawl starting in the hostel and taking you around Oxford's famous student nightlife. They work hard but also party hard!
+ Day 2 (Tuesday)
- Full English Breakfast (included) at the local Crisis cafe which supports an English homeless charity.
- Travel to The Cotswolds to see a couple of traditional thatched-cottage, honey coloured stone villages amongst the rolling hills, for plenty of photo opportunities. One well known amongst tourists- the other our secret!
- A 2 hour journey creeping further north to Shrewsbury, the birthplace of Charles Darwin and a quirky yet traditional Tudor city to have lunch in and explore.
- Onwards 2 more hours to reach iconic Liverpool, in the north-west of England.
- Chill out in our hostel in the Georgian Quarter with the two Kevins, who have jam sessions in their recording studio and have been known to film music videos featuring the guests!
+ Day 3 (Wednesday)
- Walking tour about Liverpool & The Beatles- led by Kevin Snr who will tell you what it was like during the Beatlemania period in the 1960's, ending in The Cavern Club where they regularly performed.
- Free afternoon to explore Liverpool's docks, Tate Modern and or check out the Northern hospitality at the local pubs.
- Option to visit Manchester in the afternoon by train.
- Dinner recommendations to try either in Liverpool's hipster dining scene with secret cocktail bars, or traditional Scouse or pie and mash.
- End of the tour in the evening either by your own transport- or by train back to London booked by us! Please select when booking.
+ Need to know
- The English weather is famously unpredictable- it's highly recommended you bring a waterproof jacket, an umbrella and waterproof shoes. Outside of summer, also recommended to bring gloves and a scarf- you never know!
- If you'd like to join or leave the tour at different points, please contact us and we can see if it can be arranged.
- If you'd like to stay in the dormitories some nights and arrange your own accommodation for the other nights, then contact us and we can see if this is possible.
- You are recommended to have your own travel insurance and please bring your ID with you.
- Our booking conditions including cancellation policy can be viewed here.